New Zealand Grown Wool
Z Land embraces the premium New Zealand grown Wool, sourced from farms all around the country. Our Z Land Wool duvets also carry the New Zealand Made and New Zealand Grown certification.
The Benefits of Wool in Bedding
A sheep's fleece insulates and protects it in the cold, but also provides comfort and the ability to "breath" in heat. As a bedding material, it offers you the same advantage.
Wool's suitability as a bedding material has a simple scientific explanation. Wool allows water molecules - those in the atmosphere and those by your body - to move more freely. If you are hot, the wool fibres help regulate your body temperature while you sleep - creating your very own microclimate. When you are cold, the same principle ensures the microclimate is exactly what your body requires.
This makes for the ultimate night's sleep - imagine no longer waking up cold in the night and searching for an extra layer, or overheating in summer.
Warmth and Cooling
- Exceptional insulation through millions of tiny air pockets that trap air
- Wool fibre allows the body to breathe freely and will adapt to suit its environment and user, keeping you cool in summer and warm in winter
- Wool has been proven to lower the heart rate for a more rested condition
- Wool maintains ideal moisture levels, even for differing body temperatures
- Wool is made from keratin and naturally fire resistant
- Wool reduces the conditions required for the life cycle of dust mites
- Wool is an annually renewable fibre and therefore is a resource that is naturally replenished
- Pure wool is bio-degradable, making it an asset to the world
- The unique resilience of wool ensures that it can withstand wear and tear over a long period
- Wool has a natural spring-like character, which helps keep your duvet lofty and fluffy
Caring for your Wool Duvet
For optimum performance of your duvet, we recommend you air it for 1-2 days before use. Duvet is dry-clean only, and can not be machine washed. May be spot washed for small stains using minimal water. Further care instructions can be found on the care label of your duvet.
Buy NZ Made
All of our Wool Products are Buy NZ Made certified meaning you can be assured they're made in New Zealand, using New Zealand Grown Wool.